Parade Group Practice

Close this search box.

See a Doctor or Healthcare Professional

Who is the most appropriate professional for your care?

Please consider what the best options for your healthcare are, based on the urgency of your condition and nature of your ailment.

This may save you time in getting the help you need, and avoid arranging an unnecessary appointment with your Doctor.

Have you tried self-care?

A range of common illnesses such as cold and flu and minor injuries can be treated at home simply by combining a well-stocked medicine cabinet with plenty of rest.

Examples of the ailments best treated by yourself are:

  • Upset stomach
  • Grazed knee
  • Common cold
  • Sore throat
  • Headache
  • Colds & Flu

There is a wide variety of helpful Self Care information and resources which could help you to treat your illness without the need for an appointment:

Who do I see?

Who do I see?

Provides you with information and supporting links for treatments for some of the most common conditions, services, or most suitable healthcare professional that you should see. Who do I see? will signpost you to the most appropriate help and care.

Get immediate help from your local pharmacy

Visit a pharmacy for healthcare advice without an appointment

Your local pharmacist is able to help with minor cuts, sprains, aches and pains, colds and flu, headaches, rashes, cystitis, emergency contraceptive (most pharmacies now offer this service) and other common conditions.

Everyone can go to their pharmacist for advice or to buy a medicine for a minor illness or ailment. This is a NHS service. It means that if your pharmacist thinks you need it then they can give you a medicine on the NHS. It will also save you making an appointment with your GP simply to get a prescription.

No appointment is necessary and your local pharmacist is open late, is available at weekends and many public holidays.

Dental Emergency?

For dental emergencies, call the dentist with whom you are registered. You should receive a recorded message advising you of the arrangements that have been made for emergency cover. If you have not registered with a dentist, please try to do so as soon as possible. Dentist’s can perform an appropriate assessment and advise on necessary intervention including use of any antibiotics.

Advice and information is available by calling the Dental Advice Helpline.

However, if you remain unregistered and you require emergency treatment, you should contact NHS 24 on 111

Dental emergencies are: acute dental pain, facial or oral swelling, bleeding from the mouth or trauma.

Sexual Health – Sandyford Central Sexual Health

Sandyford provides an integrated sexual, reproductive and emotional health service across the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde area from our main base at Sandyford Central with local clinics within Glasgow, East Dunbartonshire, West Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde and Renfrewshire.

Phone Line open Mondays to Fridays from 8.30am – 4.15pm, except public holidays.
Services and times change frequently, check the website for up to date information.

Services Offered

Counselling and Support Services
Emergency Contraception
Family Planning
Free Condoms
Gender Identity
GUM Clinic
Pregnancy Testing
Psychosexual Service
Sexual Assault or Rape
Termination of Pregnancy and Referral (TOPAR)
Testing for Sexually Transmitted Infections
Young People

For advice and to arrange an appointment please call:

0141 211 8130

Eye Problems?

Community Optician

Whatever your eye problem your first port of call should be an optometrist. An optometrist is the best person to assess urgent eye problems, check for eye disorders and treat eye conditions. They have the professional training and necessary equipment to assess most eye problems.

Find a local optician in your area, (Once you are linked to the NHS Inform page- select your local Health Board or local Authority to find an optician nearest you).

Self-help guide: Eye problems

Find out more about your eye problems, when you can use self-care, and what to do if your condition worsens and you need medical help

If your optician is closed and you can’t wait until it reopens call NHS24 on 111.

For an eye injury that requires immediate emergency treatment go to your nearest Accident & Emergency department; children under one should attend the Royal Hospital for Sick Children

Self-Refer – No need to see a GP

You can currently self-refer for the following services, without the need to see a Doctor.

Mental Health Services – Crisis Services

Available 24-hours a day Including weekends and public holidays and can be accessed by the number below from 9:00am – 8pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5pm Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays.

Outwith these hours they can be contacted on: 0845 650 1730

Auchinlea House Resource Centre (Crisis)

Phone: 0141 232 7200

Parkview Resource Centre (elderly )

Phone: 0141 303 8800

Addiction Services

Get Help Now

Alcoholics Anonymous

(24-hour helplines (Greater Glasgow and Clyde)

If you need help with a drinking problem either phone our national help line Free on:

Call:0800 917 650

Alternatively you can contact us by email:[email protected]

Narcotics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous is a completely voluntary organisation. Membership is open to anyone with a drug problem seeking help, regardless of what drug or combination of drugs have been used, and irrespective of age, sex, religion, race, creed or class. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using drugs.

Call: 0300 999 1212

Community Addiction Team

CATS are” Community Addiction Teams” a service in your local area which you can self-refer to, that brings together Health Addiction Services and Social Work Addiction Services within one single team. If you have a alcohol or drug problem ,you can contact the CAT Team who will arrange for you to see the worker best placed to help you.

Telephone Number: 0141 565 0200

Opening Hours Monday – Thursday 8.45am – 4.55pm. On Fridays 8.45am – 3.55pm.

Feeling Low, Anxious or Stressed?

Breathing Space was launched in 2002 to address serious concerns about the mental wellbeing of people in Scotland. The service became a national phoneline in 2004.

Breathing Space complements the work of other phonelines and agencies which are endeavouring to reduce suicide rates in Scotland.

Our advisors come from a range of mental health, counselling and social work backgrounds. There is an equal ratio of male to female advisors, who may be part-time or full-time. Breathing Space is not a volunteer service.

Need help now? Call free on 0800 83 85 87

Pregnant: Worried or need advice?

Pregnancy and baby

Am I pregnant? What should I be eating? Is it normal to be this tired? How can I help my partner during labour? Whatever you want to know about getting pregnant, being pregnant or caring for your new baby, you should find it here. Pregnancy Advice

Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS)

If you are pregnant and wish to continue the pregnancy please contact the Maternity services on: 0141 232 4005.

If  you have any concerns of a miscarriage, and have already referred yourself to the maternity service. Please phone, The Princess Royal Maternity on 0141 211 5317  for advice.

If heavily bleeding please attend your nearest Accident and Emergency Department.

Need to speak with someone when the surgery is closed?

Call 111

Call 111 when we are closed to speak to an NHS professional on any urgent health or medical issue.

Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.

If you have an emergency please call 999

Medical emergencies can include:

It’s important to use A&E only for serious injuries and major emergencies.

For everything else, Minor Injury Units, out – of -hours and your local pharmacy can also help.

Get immediate help for minor injuries

Use your local minor injuries unit if you need medical treatment or advice which does not need a visit to A&E or a medical appointment.

Some examples of problems they deal with:

  • sprains and strains
  • suspected broken limbs
  • minor head injuries
  • cuts and grazes
  • bites and stings
  • minor scalds and burns
  • ear and throat infections
  • skin infections and rashes
  • eye problems
  • coughs and colds
  • feverish illness in adults
  • feverish illness in children
  • abdominal pain
  • vomiting and diarrhoea
  • emergency contraception

Suffer from bone, muscle or joint problems?

We are pleased to announce a new service for those patients who suffer from bone,muscle or joint problems. You can now book an appointment with our Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner. Appointments can be made via the reception and will be held in the practice.

The appointment will offer  an accessment and advice with the aim of making a diagnosis and developing a plan, guidance on exercises to help with your symptoms and linking in with a G.P. for medication if needed.

If ongoing treatment is required you will be referred to be seen at the main physiotherapy service.

Please phone 0141 531 8970 to arrange your appointment.

Arrange an appointment with our Practice Nurse

The Practice Nurse is usually able to assess the situation and in some cases will organise initial blood tests and other investigations prior to arranging a follow up appointment with your doctor.

The Practice Nurse complement the service that we offer to you, our patients. Please be assured that a doctor’s appointment will always be available should you prefer but you may get an earlier appointment if you opt to consult the Practice Nurse.

See a Nurse about: blood pressure checks, urine infection, cervical smears, dressings, family planning advice, contraceptives, minor injuries and ailments, immunisations, diabetes management, asthma care, COPD (heart) care, smoking cessation, travel advice etc.

Call the surgery on 0141 531 8970 to arrange an appointment with a nurse, and you may be seen more quickly.

Need medical advice or treatment from one of our doctors?

Some patients, often those with complex and long-standing medical problems, may need an appointment with a doctor.

Call the surgery on 0141 531 8970 to arrange an appointment with a doctor