Parade Group Practice

Close this search box.

Online Registration for Students

If you are a student and are studying at University of Strathclyde or Caledonian University, live within accommodation associated with your university, and/or also stay within the following post code areas G1, G2,G3,G4, G21, G31 and G33 we can accept you on to the Practice list.

Registration can be completed at the practice in person or application to register can be made online. Please remember to bring photographic identification with you when you first attend the practice.

You are advised to register as soon as possible and not wait until you are unwell. This may delay your medical treatment, as we will not have access to your previous medical records and/or history.

Who is entitled to free health care treatment from the NHS?

Students are entitled to free necessary treatment from the NHS if they are either:

  • a full time student from any country on a course for more than 3 months
  • studying on a course of any duration which is substantially funded by the UK Government
  • from a country which is part of the European Union (EU) *
  • from a country which is not from the European Union (EU) that has a bilateral agreement
  • the husband or wife of any of the above and living here whilst your wife or husband is a student
  • a dependent of any of the above: A dependent is any child under 16 or under 19 if in full time education
  • More information and a list of countries with bilateral arrangements can be found at the Department of Health website. 

* If you are a student from another country in the European Union, here for less than 6 months, you will require a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which must be obtained from your home country.

Will I need health care insurance?

If you are not covered by any of the above it is advisable to ensure you have adequate health care insurance as payment will be necessary if you receive any health care in this country.

The following services are free of charge for everyone:

Emergency treatment in any Accident and Emergency department

  • Emergency treatment in any NHS Walk-in Centre providing Accident and Emergency type services
  • Treatment for certain infectious diseases
  • Compulsory psychiatric treatment
  • Family planning services (sexual health)